Dear members of the Australian archery community,
With the promise of a new competitive season upon us, Archery Australia is excited to share the selection criteria for the much-anticipated 2024 World Archery Events. Our commitment to transparency, fairness, and promoting excellence remains unwavering, and we believe these guidelines will empower our athletes to strive for their best.
2024 World Archery Cups:
- Shanghai, China: 23-28 April
- Yecheon, Korea: 21-26 May
- Antalya, Turkey: 18-23 June
For those eager to showcase their talents on the global stage, the pathway to representation has been laid out in four distinct steps:
- Complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) Process: Athletes aspiring for selection need to send their EOI by 17th Sep 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Achieve the Minimum Qualifying Score (MQS): Set between 1st January 2023 and 2nd October 2023. The specific scores required can be found in Appendix A.
- Participation in the 2023 National Target Championships and Selection Event: This two-day event at the Samford Valley Target Archers Club from 3-4th October 2023 will be pivotal in the selection. More details on the trial format are in Appendix B.
- Final Announcement by the Selection Committee: Upon conclusion of the trials, the National Team Selection Committee will forward the chosen names to the AA board for ratification. An announcement will follow shortly.
A few highlights to note:
- The Antalya event will prioritize archers with world cup ranking points higher than 15 and those viewed as having a high potential for the world cup final.
- The Asia Cups in 2024 will primarily focus on nurturing Australian talent. Depending on event dates and geographical considerations, Australia might participate in up to two of these events. For selection details, refer to Appendix C.
This process promises to be rigorous, and challenging, yet immensely rewarding. We trust that it will not only pick the best talents to represent Australia but also offer an unparalleled opportunity for growth and development to all participants.
For further insights, we recommend consulting the appendices mentioned above. They provide an in-depth view of the selection criteria, scoring matrices, and more.
In conclusion, as we stand at the threshold of another thrilling season, Archery Australia invites all aspirants to embrace this challenge. Let the spirit of competition, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence guide us toward yet another memorable year in the world of archery.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: HERE