About the Role
The NSWIS Archery Program is a partnership between Archery Australia (AA) and NSWIS to deliver a program that will develop, and assist identified high performance NSW athletes to achieve excellence and success at international level.
The NSWIS Head Coach, Archery is responsible to lead and deliver the Recurve component of the NSWIS Archery Program and to also provide direction and assistance to the NSWIS Archery Program Coach/Para-Archery National Coach, whose primary role is to deliver the Para-Archery component of the program.
The position responsibilities include the day-to-day coaching of NSWIS and visiting athletes; applying AA What It Takes To Win (WITTW) model to develop Individual Athlete Performance Plans (IAPPS); integration of performance support services and athlete wellbeing and engagement; and cultivating networks and partnerships within the sport.
The Head Coach, Archery will also be appointed as a member of the Archery Australia national staff and contribute to providing leadership in the technical development, strategic development, and delivery of the HP plan for Recurve Archery through to the 2024 Paris Olympic Games.
Click here to apply or for job description.
About the NSW Institute of Sport
The NSW Institute of Sport [NSWIS] is a high-performance sporting organisation that supports Australian athletes to become world’s best. We reach all regions of NSW with an Olympic and Paralympic training facility based at Sydney Olympic Park and high-performance hubs across NSW that provide world class daily training environments for our athletes and coaches. Our experts work in collaboration with partners within the national sporting system to create and deliver high performance support services and environments to prepare athletes and coaches for international competition.
You will have:
- A minimum five years of international archery coaching experience ideally at Olympic, World Championships or World Cup level
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Archery
- Demonstrated understanding of technical and training advances/trends at international level
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the competition demands of Archery at international level
- Demonstrated understanding of what it takes to win at international level
- Experience with implementing and driving monitoring systems for athlete development and tracking across national systems
- Experience in building and driving partnerships in sport to better achieve shared high performance development outcomes
- A minimum Archery Australia Level 2 Coach accreditation and ideally World Archery Level 2 accreditation or equivalent from a World Archery affiliated National Federation
- Coach/Leader of a successful program and/or archer at international level
- Demonstrated experience of archery talent development
- First Aid and Resuscitation certificate
- Sport Integrity Australia – Level 1 & 2 Anti-Doping Certificate
- Current driver’s license